Available dogs can be viewed on our website: www.dogranchrescue.com All dogs are placed in their forever homes on a “best fit” basis.
Steps to adoption through Dog Ranch Rescue are:
- Complete application via our website: www.dogranchrescue.com and click on adopt a dog.
- Veterinarian reference check – we will call your veterinarian to make sure that your current pets are seen regularly, current on vaccinations and heart worm prevention, spayed or neutered, etc. If your pet is unaltered, not seen regularly and not on heart worm prevention that we can verify we will not be able to adopt to you.
- Phone interview with Dog Ranch Rescue.
- Video Home Visit – we require a detailed home video be sent to us. This must be narrated and include your entire yard and fence line, rooms inside your home, etc. We do this in lieu of a home visit in person, but expect the same detail that we would receive if we came to visit you.
- We do out of state adoptions frequently but you must understand that you would need to travel to the Ranch in Anna, TX which is about 30 minutes north of Dallas to meet your dog. A dog introduction would take place should you choose to bring your current pets and if all goes well you would then finalize the adoption and take him/her home with you. We are open to adoptions to Canada but once again the transport of your new family member as well as any documentation for your country would be your responsibility to get in order. Since you will need to either fly or drive to Texas to adopt, you must have thought through how you would come to meet your new pet in person and then transport your pet back home. If for any reason the adoption does not work out you must be willing to transport the dog back to the Ranch at your expense.
- For puppies under 1 year of age we require a work from home, take to work or non-working spouse/partner to be at home to care for the puppy. For dogs over 1 year of age we are happy to work with families that have a means to allow the dog to relieve themselves during the day while they are at work.
- Adoption fees for any and all mixed breed dogs are $350.00
Dogue de Bordeauxs adoption fees:
Puppies under a year old – $700.00
1yr – 2yr – $600.00
3yr – 5yr – $500.00
6yr – 7yr – $ 400.00
8 yr and older – $250.00
French Bulldogs adoption fees
under 1 year of age $1,850.00
1 to 4 years -$1,350.00
4 years and over -$600.00.English Bulldogs
Under 1 year of age – $850.00
over 1 year of age – $500.00.
Special needs French Bulldogs in the past have been placed in their forever homes without an adoption fee based on the home being a good fit as was the case with Fiona the tiny baby who needed surgery and specialized veterinary care. She had close to $5,000.00 in veterinarian expenses but was placed in her new home without an adoption fee. There have been many that fall into this category and Fiona is just an example.
Information about Dog Ranch Rescue
It’s very important to note that our rescue was started with our bylaws allowing us to “purchase” dogs in order to rescue them. We rescue many dogs from puppy mill auctions and in order to do that we are operating at a loss on that dog from the very beginning. The vetting of these dogs is In addition to what we purchased the dog for, which can be as little as 100.00 but as much as several thousand dollars especially for a pregnant Frenchie. There is no set amount for what a dog sells for, and depends on many, many factors for each individual auction. We firmly believe that these dogs deserve being rescued as much as any other dog in a desperate situation. We understand that not all agree with this and if you don’t then we would say that we are not the rescue for you.
Our adoption fees not only helps provide some of the medical care for the dog you adopt, but it goes towards helping the next dog we rescue. We understand that you can certainly get a dog from a shelter for much less, but a rescue organization and a shelter are two different things. We are sometimes criticized for not giving the dogs away if we really want them to find a home.
Well, we are totally non-profit and we are all volunteers. We get no funding like your local shelter does from the city or the county. All of our money comes from adoption fees and donations from our supporters and all dogs that we rescue cost us more to vet them than their adoption fee could ever cover.
We fully vet all of our dogs for absolutely everything they need. We spay or neuter them, fully vaccinate, heart worm test, deworm, treat skin infections, ear infections, full dental including removing any problematic teeth or masses in their mouths. All hernias are repaired, all entropion eyes will be repaired surgically, all cherry eyes will be repaired surgically. All masses or growths are removed and biopsied. All dogs leave with a microchip registered to the rescue. Any and all dogs sick with heart worm will undergo treatment. All dogs are sent home with a 6 month supply of heartguard. Many dogs need specialized veterinary care and we utilize Texas A & M, neurologists, dermatologists, orthopedist, surgeons and oncologists just to name a few.
We spare no expense on any of our rescues and are quite different from most rescues who simply spay and neuter and vaccinate. It’s important to note that the average expense medically on each of our rescues is 1,000 to 2,000 and many as high as 10,000
Sick dogs are usually euthanized at the shelter. If not for rescue they would not have a chance. All of this takes money and lots of it. Our vet bills for one sick dog can deplete our reserve with one illness. If any profit is made on a dog that doesn’t need so much care that money goes directly into helping another dog in need.
We do ask that before you fill out an application please be sure that rescue is the correct option for you to add an addition to your family. Please don’t use our time to take you through the process only to tell us you’ve changed your mind, bought a puppy, your significant other doesn’t agree etc. Our volunteers should be able to focus their efforts and time on those applications that are serious in helping a rescued dog.
This is not a first come/first serve procedure as we take great care in matching our dogs to prospective homes that will fit each dog. We want the adoptive home to be the “forever” home for our rescues, they need to fit within the home and lifestyle of the family.
If you have any questions after reading all of the above info please email the rescue at email@example.com
Please do not call Lone Star Dog Ranch with questions.
All information in regards to the rescue must be done through email there is no phone number for the rescue.
Thank you from Dog Ranch Rescue!